Monday, April 5, 2010

Faint Fashion - RJPangilinan


And I am a youth.

As said by Carlos Romulo, “I am born of a hardy race; interior of a glorious past, hostage to an uncertain future”.

In correlation, more and more of our teenagers find their passion for something regardless of their age, stature in life and abilities. We may not know what’s ahead for us in the future but at least, we are given a buck of insight of what we should see and what should be yearned to look for.

When this project was specified, I have no one in my mind except for this person whom I’ve known for; vain, blonde hair, a tremendous grin and shaggy eyebrows; Pangilinan is a born fashion designer. While most students his age(15) have difficulties in managing their time, Pangilinan is already practicing the art of living and it’s not sustained by the regular fast- food or call center work either. Nope, this person is currently doing what he does best… learning and making.

- INTERVIEW -

John Louie (JL): First of all, who is Renz Jeremy Pangilinan?

Renz Jeremy (RJ): I’m someone who complicates things but sees to it that at the end of the day, I’d be able to fix my own mess. I’m also that someone who enjoys learning new things.

JL: When did you realize that you were good at this thing?

RJ: Well, my mom used to tell stories about me. She told me that I mostly killed time with my grandma who was fond of knitting clothes. That’s when I think I found my interest with designing clothes.

JL: Why did you decide to continue this thing?

RJ: Maybe because it’s the only thing that makes me happy or maybe, doing this thing makes me expresses more of myself about cult which I gradually am learning in the process. Besides, this is my passion and this is what had made me who I am right now.

JL: Tell us your experiences as a student and a designer at the same time.

RJ: At first, mahirap siya kasi kailangan mong sumabay sa oras dahil kung hindi, maiiwan ka sa byahe mo. So I made adjustments particularly with schedules. I don’t want to disappoint my clients so I see to it that

everything’s properly organized.

JL: Are you pressured with your work?

RJ: No, actually, I’m just so happy with the outcome.

JL: Not to disturb your privacy, don’t people try to perceive you as effeminate since most of our male designers are one?

RJ: Yes, mostly but I try to ignore those kinds of issues which aren’t worth listening for. Besides, I’m enjoying this as much as they try to pull me down.

JL: Who motivates you to be successful in your field?

RJ: If it weren’t for passion, then I wouldn’t be doing this stuff. Simple as that. Nevertheless, I’m really thankful that my parents support me that greatly along with my friends and colleagues.

JL: Is there any inspiration for being collaborative and creative for your works?

RJ: Yes, like places, pictures, colors, ideas, shadows and a lot more. The people around me give me this brainwave of portraying a persona when doing clothes. I wouldn’t also forget this person who has always been there for me through thick and thin – my baby.

- dead air-

JL: How do you want people to remember you?

RJ: I want to be remembered as me. As long as possible, I don’t limit my actions because I’m a true person but we just have to deal with the so- called paradigm shift.

JL: Your final message.

RJ: Always do your best in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment